Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Caring Too Much About What Other's Think

 


This is something that I struggle with.... BIG TIME!

This is also something that my therapist is helping me with. I was doing a lot better with it and thought I had gotten past it until just a few months ago, something happened and I was sent spiraling back down to that deep dark pit. I was devalued and disrespected by someone very close to me, once AGAIN! 

I don't feel comfortable sharing exactly who this person was/is or what they did to hurt me. I'll just let you use your imagination. And yes... this is not the first time they have hurt me. BUT... this recent time was worse than any times before. The hurt that I am referring to is emotional, not physical. Although, it HAS affected my overall health. 

What this person thinks of me weighs on my mind almost continually! I have had (and still do!) terrible anxiety and stress over it. It's something that I am continually working to improve, on my own and with my therapist's help. 

I came across this article titled: 

4 ESSENTIAL TOOLS TO STOP CARING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU  

 by Elle Sommer

The blog is titled LIVE PURPOSEFULLY NOW - (There are MANY more great articles on this blog! I can't wait to dive into some others to learn more!)

The 4 essential tools that she gives us are:

  1. A mental hammer - to hit your need for external validation on the head!
  2. A magnifying glass - to focus your attention on what matters to YOU!
  3. A pocket full of fertilizer - to grow yourself
  4. A spotlight - to shine a light on your passion and enthusiasm 
This is a great "tweet" that is posted in the article above...

"Never sacrifice who you are, or who you inspire to be, because someone else has a problem with it."

also... 



Thank you, Elle for your encouraging words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caring Too Much About What Other's Think

  This is something that I struggle with.... BIG TIME ! This is also something that my therapist is helping me with. I was doing a lot bette...